Home Boards Blogs Chat Images Links
Post Response Return to Index Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

DCDB

Finally - New Website - Beta Version

Posted By Old Virginia Blog
Date Thursday, 22 November 2018, at 7:00 a.m.

Update: Animation, slow fade in of text was not working on my iPhone, so I went back to static load. 

Having teased and promised a new website for over a year, as well as mentioning several other projects I'm working on, I've finally launched one of my new ventures. I say "one" because I'm still undecided about the future of this blog as well as the possibility of either:
  1. Establishing a separate blog combining some of the themes here with a little different focus or;
  2. Rolling some of the themes here into the concepts I had envisioned for the Life, Liberty & the Pursuit of Relics site all under the same roof as: OldSchoolWorks.com
I'm leaning toward #2. Why? Simplify, simplify, simplify. Less is more. 

Understand the OSW site is still in the beta phase though I've pretty much settled on the platform and style. I'm hoping this new venture will be, in addition to blogging, an income generating site. We shall see. I'll be adding products soon. There has been a lot of groundwork laying and business considerations for this new site including the agonizing over choosing a platform, as well as what direction I wanted to take my blogging. While my writing has been focused on Civil War history, my interest in American history and culture has always been much broader. That will become more apparent on the new site, though there will still be posts about the WBTS as I'm also working on a new book in that genre.

I will be adding new elements and pages in the coming days and weeks and will try to remember to announce those updates here. This new venture is a "reinvention" of sorts but, again, readers here will recognize familiar topics and perspectives; broader in some ways, narrower in others. 

Any input and constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Read more

This post was auto-generated from content on the Internet.

Password

Post Response

Your Name
Your E-Mail Address
Subject
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message, please provide the URL address of the image file:
Optional Image URL
Optional Graphic Upload
If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later, please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):
Password
If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box
  I am a human 
Post Response Return to Index Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg