Home Boards Blogs Chat Images Links
Post Response Return to Index Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

DCDB

The Audicity of the Pilgrims

Posted By Old Virginia Blog
Date Thursday, 1 November 2018, at 5:30 p.m.

A glorious and EXCEPTIONAL heritage . . .
. . . just imagine the audacity. With no king, no judges, no lawyers, no bureaucrats, and no bishops, a small group of people asserted the right to govern themselves as they saw fit. Though only half of the sojourners and half of the strangers made it through the winter of 1620-1621, it would be impossible to call the experiment a failure. After all, half did survive, rule themselves, and established the pattern for almost all settlement of what would become the United States.

This glorious November as the election cycle brings even more bitterness, more anger, and more division, it’s well worth remembering a time that we all share in common—the real founding of America by a group of ordered, well-armed, and determined Christian families. Though I’m a Kansan Roman Catholic born in the Summer of Love, I can state with certainty, as I remember the audacity of the “sojourners” and “strangers,” this is my America.
Well, we used to share these things in common. But, thanks in part to moral reforming historians, that commonality is being destroyed.

More here at the Imaginative Conservative.

Read more

This post was auto-generated from content on the Internet.

Password

Post Response

Your Name
Your E-Mail Address
Subject
If you'd like to include an image (picture) with your message, please provide the URL address of the image file:
Optional Image URL
Optional Graphic Upload
If you'd like to have the option of deleting your post later, please provide a password (CASE SENSITIVE!):
Password
If you'd like e-mail notification of responses, please check this box
  I am a human 
Post Response Return to Index Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg